what's tomauro?
“What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? It's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.”

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Coachella, New York, and the Swinging Door of Friendship

I've been a busy girl. I went back to New York for Spring Break for a couple days then to Coachella (above) last weekend, somehow I've scraping in school and a part time job. More important than my recent adventures I have found this border between San Diego and home has constrained some friendships while others are better than ever.

When I was young my father used to tell me, "Friends come and go, but family is forever." I always kind of brushed off this saying because I tend to embed my friends into my family, but it is a fact that since high school I've plowed through friendships unintentionally with maurity. Three times in my life I have had what I thought to be an unbreakable bond with a friend, but time played the devil's advocate as life got in the way of our every day occurances. Today I find myself more independent than ever. In San Diego, for the first time in my life, I no longer have a tight knit group of friends and I am okay with that (really though). I do miss my friends at home but find I can be much more productive studying alone and don't mind watching a movie or working on a Saturday night(as I'm writing this from the last hour of my shift).
I also have found myself drifting away from people I felt so close to just months ago. It's wierd I will go out with a close friend, finding I (how do I put this is a nice way) no longer sharing the same interests or just feeling very distant. I'm at a crossroads in my life, the bridge between education and career with honestly no idea where I could end up in a year from now. I just hope that a few core relationships last through the wear and tear but I am drawn to inconsistency, knowimg that the love of my life or new best friend could be one day away. Routine has never been attractive to me. To my loyal friends I love you and to the ones who I have lost touch I wish nothing but the best. Que sera, sera.

1 comment:

  1. p.s. If you look at last year's post about Paris, Spain, and Italy this seems pretty petty. Ahhh I miss Europe.

    ReplyDelete